Headway Victoria works alongside people living with acquired brain injury to:
- Promote and defend their right to make choices about their lives.
- Ensure they have ready access to the information, support and resources they require.
- Ensure that the life changing experience of ABI informs service development, government policy and decision making.
- Fight for the overall provision of equal opportunities.
- Raise community awareness.
Headway Victoria is managed by an Executive Officer who reports to a voluntary Committee of Management.
The Committee comprises a group of very committed and experienced people with a wide range of backgrounds including those with a brain injury, carers, advocates, lawyers and other professionals.
They bring a very balanced and experienced management style to the organisation and ensure that Headway Victoria operates in accordance with Disability Standards of both the Commonwealth and State Governments and it’s mission to promote the rights of those people who have sustained an injury, their family and carers.
Headway Victoria has a resource library of over 700 books, reports and journals on brain injury.
The library is open from 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
It is necessary to make an appointment to visit the library so a staff member can give assistance with accessing the information you require.
Loans are available to members and if you are not a member, there is facility to photocopy the relevant data you require.
Please call (03) 9482 2955 to make an appointment.